osgScaleViewer and FBO setup

Paul
Hi all,

we are using a slightly modified form of osgscaleviewer in our lab
and would now like to move onto using fbos in our application . at the moment we are setting up fbos on osg's side but fbo setup is failing. what initialization  is required  on equalizers part if  any  to correctly setup fbos in equalizer ? Best Regards

Re: osgScaleViewer and FBO setup

Stefan Eilemann
Hi Paul,

On 4. Feb 2013, at 3:18, Paul [via Software] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we are using a slightly modified form of osgscaleviewer in our lab
> and would now like to move onto using fbos in our application . at the moment we are setting up fbos on osg's side but fbo setup is failing. what initialization  is required  on equalizers part if  any  to correctly setup fbos in equalizer ?

There shouldn't be anything special to do. The only thing which is needed to keep Equalizer happy is to have a drawable and context during certain operations. In your case the FBO setup already fails, so I guess it's more in that end of the code. Where and how are you setting up the FBO's? Are you on Windows - if yes, take care of the GL function dispatch (GLEW or OSG's equivalent).

Cheers,

Stefan

Re: osgScaleViewer and FBO setup

Paul
Thanks Stefan,

I'm on 64 bit Linux. I have a valid context. I'm simply setting up a
texture and attaching it to a camera. However I have not attached the
texture to any geometry . I dont have access to the code right now but
it's only a few lines. The same init works in a standalone OSG app, my
guess was that maybe because EQ is managing the context that I may have
to do some pre-requisite EQ/FBO related config ? I was looking at some
FBO setup in roiFinder.cpp - would this have some relevance in the way
osgScaleViewer would handle FBO's?

Thanks for your reply

Paul

On 4. Feb 2013, at 11:25, Paul Pocock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The same init works in a standalone OSG app, my guess was that maybe because EQ is managing the context that I may have to do some pre-requisite EQ/FBO related config ? I was looking at some FBO setup in roiFinder.cpp - would this have some relevance in the way osgScaleViewer would handle FBO's?

Once you're in a Channel callback you have native access to the GL driver as you would expect to. I'm assuming you're using the Eq GL context to setup the FBO? Some small code example and the related error would go a long way...

The roiFinder FBO setup is relevant in the sense that it works setting up an FBO. The eqPly AccumBufferObject also uses an FBO internally.

HTH,

Stefan.