eqOgre - An example project

Sebastian
As requested some weeks ago, I uploaded an example project which integrates Ogre3D into Equalizer (tested using version 1.4.1): https://github.com/kepakiano/eqOgre

The scene graph (OGRE) is managed on pipe level, so there are as many copies of it as there are pipes, but you can change its state from outside using the function Config::setGameState(). This communication only goes one way: OGRE is not capable of transfering any data up the Equalizer pipeline. Note that there can only be one pipe per node, because Ogre::Root is a singleton.

This program is a trimmed version of the game we are currently developing for the virtual reality lab at the University of Siegen. Since we use Bullet physics in our program, I could also upload a framework which uses Bullet physics, Equalizer and OGRE, if someone requests it.

This is my first time hosting a project like this one, so I would be grateful if you had any feedback.

Regards,

Sebastian

Re: eqOgre - An example project

Robert Hauck
Hi Sebastian

Cool, I'll give it a try in the next days... I would also be interested in the bullet version as I also use it, but with OpenSceneGraph.

Cheers,
Robert

Re: eqOgre - An example project

turcoyhalea
I would love that framework... I'm working on a CAVE kind of thing and it would be very much apreciated.
Thanks in advance

Re: eqOgre - An example project

Sebastian
Hey, sorry, I didn't see your before post, because it was not accepted by the mailing list.

You can check out my project here: https://github.com/kepakiano/eqOgre
However, I am working on some issues regarding a new Ogre version right now. It works with Ogre 1.8.0, but not Ogre 1.8.1 and above.

If you have any problems with it, please let me know.

Re: eqOgre - An example project

Sebastian
Problems resolved, eqOgre now runs with Equalizer 1.4.1 and 1.6.0 and Ogre 1.8.0, 1.8.1 and 1.9.0.
I also included the config files and resources needed by Ogre so that copying them from somewhere is not necessary anymore.

@Robert: If you're still interested, I could upload the eqOgre using Bullet as soon as I get around to it.

Re: eqOgre - An example project

Robert Hauck
Hi Sebastian

Yes, I'm indeed still interested... I'd be happy to give it a try when you're ready...

Cheers,
Robert