Starting server and client

rarum
 Hello .My purpose is to run example "Eqhello" on 2 computers. First as server and second as clinet .Only second PC is rendering scene. First is pure server and comunicate with client.  IP address of  fist PC is 147.232.176.157  an second PC have IP address  147.232.176.158. I coppy eqHello.exe and DLL files to both PC.   Can you write me string for starting client on second PC and server on first PC ?

Re: Starting server and client

Stefan Eilemann
Hi,

On 25. Oct 2012, at 10:44, rarum [via Software] <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  My purpose is to run example "Eqhello" on 2 computers. First as server and second as clinet .Only second PC is rendering scene. First is pure server and comunicate with client.

'Server' in Equalizer means something else then you do. The server is the entity driving all processes in a cluster.

The first process in your scenario would be a display-only node.

>  IP address of  fist PC is 147.232.176.157  an second PC have IP address  147.232.176.158. I coppy eqHello.exe and DLL files to both PC.   Can you write me string for starting client on second PC and server on first PC ?

You write a configuration file where only the second machine renders. Start with 2-node.2D, remove the first child compound of the 2D static compound and increase the viewport to FULL of the other. I suggest reading the User Guide on writing configurations.

HTH,

Stefan.