Quantcast

SIMD Acceleration support in Mono

Zoltan Varga
Hi,

The next major version of Mono, probably named 5.0, will support SIMD accelerated code
on x86/x86-64 using the classes in the System.Numerics.Vectors namespace:

In parallel with this, we plan on deprecating our home grown SIMD library Mono.Simd. We plan on removing JIT support for the classes in Mono.Simd two major
releases after Mono 5.0. The assembly will be present, but the operations in it will no
longer use SIMD code.

              Zoltan