--------Monodevelop , MySql Connection problem ...Pls Help--------

lrt_sat
Hello,
I am quite new to Mono and MySql , pls ignore if I sounds something silly.

I am trying to connect to MySql , just following this thread
http://www.mono-project.com/MySQL
and had following problems

>>> While installing Installing MySql.Data.dll in the GAC by executing

gacutil -i MySql.Data.dll ,

i got the message

"Failure adding assembly MySql.Data.dll to the cache: gac directories could
not be created, possibly permission issues."

Then i tried :

sudo gacutil -i MySql.Data.dll

and got the message

"Installed MySql.Data.dll into the gac (/usr/lib/mono/gac)" ,

It was looking fine , so I continued and..

>>> tried to execute the program as mentioned in the thread,

mcs TestExample.cs -r:System.Data.dll -r:/path/to/MySql.Data.dll

but I got the "error CS0006: cannot find metadata file
`/path/to/MySql.Data.dll' "

Please help.

Thanks,
Sat.

Re: --------Monodevelop , MySql Connection problem ...Pls Help--------

Daniel Morgan
The GAC is only used at runtime.  The C# compiler does not use the GAC for assemblies you reference.   The C# compiler needs to find the MySql.Data.dll file that is not in the GAC.  You may need to add to the PATH environment variable where you put the MySql.Data.dll file.