MonoTizen-1.0.0 released last week

Bob Summerwill

MonoTizen-1.0.0 was released last Thurday and can be downloaded at http://monotizen.com.

What is MonoTizen?   See http://www.tizenexperts.com/2014/05/introduction-monotizen/.

It is just Mono-for-Tizen plus MonoDevelop-add-in.   All developed in the open, for upstreaming back to Mono master.    We have RPMs for Mono-3.6 ready to roll ... https://twitter.com/monotizen/status/488029053220175873.

There are videos showing the 1.0.0 releases in action at http://www.tizenexperts.com/2014/07/monotizen-1-0-0-release-brings-c-sup..., and I will be making a video showing the application running on a Samsung Z within the Samsung Remote Testlab.    You'll have to make do with the still image for now!

Since that release on Friday I also pushed the MonoDevelop.Tizen add-in into the public repository at http://addins.monodevelop.com so that you don't even need to set up the custom "channel".    The add-in just appears in the built-in "Stable" channel in MonoDevelop and Xamarin Studio.

I have also submitted the HelloWorldTizenOSP application to the Tizen Store, to see what Samsung think of applications with Mono embedded.   We do have the option of going Full AOT (just like Xamarin.iOS) if that is required to get passed the Samsung approval process.    That route, though, is not LGPLv2 compliant and will require developers to get a commercial Mono license from Xamarin.

Cheers,

Bob Summerwill, Kitsilano Software.

http://bobsummerwill.com

http://monotizen.com