Mono no longer supported on SPARC?

cocowalla

Is SPARC not supported by Mono any more?

I finally got the 3.4.0 runtime to build (many thanks to Steve Hall!), but when I try to run anything with it, I get:

Assertion: should not be reached at method-to-ir.c:2566

Now, that is in this method:

static void
set_rgctx_arg (MonoCompile *cfg, MonoCallInst *call, int rgctx_reg, MonoInst *rgctx_arg)
{
#ifdef MONO_ARCH_RGCTX_REG
	mono_call_inst_add_outarg_reg (cfg, call, rgctx_reg, MONO_ARCH_RGCTX_REG, FALSE);
	cfg->uses_rgctx_reg = TRUE;
	call->rgctx_reg = TRUE;
#ifdef ENABLE_LLVM
	call->rgctx_arg_reg = rgctx_reg;
#endif
#else
	NOT_IMPLEMENTED;
#endif
}

mono/mini/mini-sparc.h does not define MONO_ARCH_RGCTX_REG... so we can't use JIT. But it also doesn't define MONO_ARCH_LLVM_SUPPORTED... so we can't use LLVM either!

Am I missing something obvious here, or is support for SPARC dead?

Sent from the Mono - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Mono no longer supported on SPARC?

Baltasar García Perez-Schofield

        Hi,

> Is SPARC not supported by Mono any more?
> I finally got the 3.4.0 runtime to build (many thanks to Steve Hall!), but
> when I try to run anything with it, I get:
> Assertion: should not be reached at method-to-ir.c:2566
> Now, that is in this method:
> static voidset_rgctx_arg (MonoCompile *cfg, MonoCallInst *call, int
> rgctx_reg, MonoInst *rgctx_arg){#ifdef MONO_ARCH_RGCTX_REG
> mono_call_inst_add_outarg_reg (cfg, call, rgctx_reg, MONO_ARCH_RGCTX_REG,
> FALSE); cfg->uses_rgctx_reg = TRUE; call->rgctx_reg = TRUE;#ifdef
> ENABLE_LLVM call->rgctx_arg_reg = rgctx_reg;#endif#else
> NOT_IMPLEMENTED;#endif}
> mono/mini/mini-sparc.h does not define *MONO_ARCH_RGCTX_REG*... so we can't
> use JIT. But it also doesn't define *MONO_ARCH_LLVM_SUPPORTED*... so we
> can't use LLVM either!
> Am I missing something obvious here, or is support for SPARC dead?

        I remember there is a tool, mint, that only interprets the code, does not include a jitter:

        http://www.mono-project.com/Command-Line_Tools

        I'd guess that's a solution wherever the architecture is not supported.

--
Baltasar ([hidden email]  http://baltasarq.info/)

Re: Mono no longer supported on SPARC?

cocowalla
Ah, so it's just sleeping ;)

Unfortunately this is beyond my capabilities, as I haven't done any C in 10+
years, am not familiar with the Mono source, and I don't know anything about
SPARC. So not exactly a prime candidate for the task :)