Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

bstevens
Novell iFolder 3 desktop client for Mac still requires Mono 1.2.5, but the
download of it is no longer available in the archives.  Is there any way to
still get hold of this ancient version, and if so, would someone let me know
please?

Thanks very much,
Brice Stevens

Re: Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

Esben Laursen

Den 19-08-2014 00:42, bstevens skrev:
> Novell iFolder 3 desktop client for Mac still requires Mono 1.2.5, but the
> download of it is no longer available in the archives.  Is there any way to
> still get hold of this ancient version, and if so, would someone let me know
> please?

You can find the source here...

http://download.mono-project.com/sources/mono/

I just checked there is a version 1.2.5 you can download, but I guess
you need to compile it yourself.

Cheers

Esben

Re: Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

Agustin Gimenez
Did you tried with a newer version?

If the program does not check for the exact version of mono it must work.

Cheers.

Den 19-08-2014 00:42, bstevens skrev:

Novell iFolder 3 desktop client for Mac still requires Mono 1.2.5, but the
download of it is no longer available in the archives.  Is there any way to
still get hold of this ancient version, and if so, would someone let me know
please?

You can find the source here...

http://download.mono-project.com/sources/mono/

I just checked there is a version 1.2.5 you can download, but I guess you need to compile it yourself.

Cheers

Esben

Re: Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

Edward Ned Harvey (mono)
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:mono-list-
> [hidden email]] On Behalf Of bstevens
>
> Novell iFolder 3 desktop client for Mac still requires Mono 1.2.5, but the
> download of it is no longer available in the archives.  Is there any way to
> still get hold of this ancient version, and if so, would someone let me know
> please?

It's time to stop using iFolder.  Unmaintained already for a few years, no official website for downloads, no mac client available, etc.

I suggest Synctuary instead - but I am biased - I created Synctuary after having found nothing satisfactory out there (including iFolder).

Re: Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

Igor Shmukler
Hello Edward,

I am looking at iFolder 3.9 release notes at
https://www.novell.com/documentation/ifolder3/ifolder39_readme/data/ifolder39_readme.html
and see "Macintosh OS X 32-bit (Intel architecture) v10.5 and later
(requires Mono 2.4.2.3)" suggesting that indeed there is a Mac client.

Plus, iFolder is an open source product allowing anyone to play with
it. Was Synctuary released under an open source license? If yes, what
kind? I did not see a link to download sources.

If I was going to look for an iFolder replacement, I would probably
choose an open source package and perhaps supporting webDAV, so any
WebDAV client would do the job. Otherwise, there are many non free
file synchronization products. What makes Synctuary special?

Sincerely,

Igor Shmukler

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (mono)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:mono-list-
>> [hidden email]] On Behalf Of bstevens
>>
>> Novell iFolder 3 desktop client for Mac still requires Mono 1.2.5, but the
>> download of it is no longer available in the archives.  Is there any way to
>> still get hold of this ancient version, and if so, would someone let me know
>> please?
>
> It's time to stop using iFolder.  Unmaintained already for a few years, no official website for downloads, no mac client available, etc.
>
> I suggest Synctuary instead - but I am biased - I created Synctuary after having found nothing satisfactory out there (including iFolder).

Re: Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

Johnnie Odom

The Official Novell Line (tm) would be to start using Filr. Having said that, iFolder, NetStorage et. al are still perfectly fine ...
I couldn't find a copy of 1.2.5, but I have placed a copy of 1.1.7.2 that came with iFolder 3.0.20050808 on a server for you. It may not work because of its age (PPC, Mono 3.0 etc.), but it's the quickest version I could put my hands on:
http://code01.escambia.k12.fl.us/novell/MonoFramework-1.1.7.2.dmg

Also, let me add that I was very impressed that iFolder 3 uses LibFlaim and C#. I've seen some of the code for the C# -> libflaim bridge in the sample code for an automake tutorial of all things. Does anyone know if there is a better version of it lying around anywhere?

If I get a chance I'll see if I can dig up Mono 1.2.5.

Johnnie

>>> "Edward Ned Harvey (mono)" <[hidden email]> 08/19/14 7:10 AM >>>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:mono-list-
> [hidden email]] On Behalf Of bstevens
>
> Novell iFolder 3 desktop client for Mac still requires Mono 1.2.5, but the
> download of it is no longer available in the archives.  Is there any way to
> still get hold of this ancient version, and if so, would someone let me know
> please?

It's time to stop using iFolder.  Unmaintained already for a few years, no official website for downloads, no mac client available, etc.

I suggest Synctuary instead - but I am biased - I created Synctuary after having found nothing satisfactory out there (including iFolder).

Re: Mono 1.2.5 for Novell iFolder 3 for Mac

Edward Ned Harvey (mono)

Replying to Igor off-list.  If anyone else was interested in that topic, please let me know and I'll reply directly.