Install .deb package on Linux using mono

Install .deb package on Linux using mono

nikhil sehgal
Hi All,

How can i install .deb package programtically on Linux using mono framework.

Regards
Nikhil

Re: Install .deb package on Linux using mono

Jo Shields
One at a time, just shell out to `dpkg -i` (although you’ll need to account for needing root to do that). But that doesn’t really deal with dependency resolution - you can try shelling out to gdebi (which will install dependencies from repositories for command-line specified packages), or binding the resolver engine in aptitude

> On Feb 22, 2018, at 8:07 AM, nikhil sehgal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> How can i install .deb package programtically on Linux using mono framework.
>
> Regards
> Nikhil

Re: Install .deb package on Linux using mono

nikhil sehgal
thanks for reply ...but i want to do it programatically through C# and mono framework

--
Thanks & Regards
NIkhil Sehgal

Re: Install .deb package on Linux using mono

Brandon Perry-3

On Feb 22, 2018, at 9:40 AM, nikhil sehgal <[hidden email]> wrote:

thanks for reply ...but i want to do it programatically through C# and mono framework

dpkg is a utility that consumes libdpkg. You could easily integrate directly with libdpkg with P/Invoke, but I don’t believe the dpkg API is considered particularly stable. YMMV

--
Thanks & Regards
NIkhil Sehgal