My name is Kevin Avignon. Two years ago, I did some work for the organization under Mike Krueger supervision. I've worked on porting FxCop analyzer/code fix providers to update what was known as NRefactory 5 to RefactoringEssentials.
This year, since Mono Project is back in the GSOC program, I wanted to participate again. I'm really interested by the following projects :
MonoDevelop code complexity metrics
Improve Auto-Documentation System
The first one could make more sense since I've already have some experience working with the Roslyn API but working with natural language processing looks really interesting too.
The purpose of the message is that I wanted to show first hand my interest towards those two projects and wanted to know with the profile I'll give later in this email, which project I would be better suited for !
A quick look into my background. I've done three internships in .NET; one where I did a csv parsing tool to generate performance reports in Excel with summary tables and charts to explain what occurred during the execution of web requests.
In the second one, I worked closely with Roslyn (the .NET compiler) to perform code analysis on source code. With Roslyn, it's possible to analyze and refactor code through analyzers and code fix providers; I've done both.
In my last internship, I did code code architecture re-design to reduce coupling in 5 libraries for unit access control (security company). Through that internship, that first started as full-time for four months and then moved to a part-time position, I got to work with functional programming with F# for 8 months. I had to integrate a license plate hardware camera into a our software product used for remote access control to grant access to known license plates.
My last real project I worked with was last fall when I designed and implemented (not fully) a tactical role playing game library in functional programming with F# and Akka.NET where you can find a merchant system, a shared inventory amongst the members of a team, the AI of the units (implemented with Q-Learning) and an "exhaustive" domain model for the arsenal.The project's name is SmarTac.
Other than that, I have my blog where I talk about software development and I try to be as active as possible on stackoverflow.