EqOgre

Hagen
I'm working on a project using equalizer and Ogre. I have been developing an example on Fedora 17, with ogre 1.8.1 and equalizer 1.4. My code compiles but when I run it, the next errors show up:

5261 /src/Equalizer/libs/eq/server/configUpdateSyncVisitor.h:115 439 eq::server::Channel initialization failed: Window not running (0x403f)
5261 /src/Equalizer/libs/eq/server/configUpdateSyncVisitor.h:115 439 eq::server::Window initialization failed: no error (0x0)

I have no idea what was is wrong and I hope you can help me with these errors.

I have attached the code so you can give it a look.

Thanks in advance.

eqOgreModified.tar.gz

Re: EqOgre

Stefan Eilemann
Hi Hagen,

On 30. Nov 2012, at 18:34, Hagen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on a project using equalizer and Ogre. I have been developing an
> example on Fedora 17, with ogre 1.8.1 and equalizer 1.4. My code compiles
> but when I run it, the next errors show up:
>
> 5261 /src/Equalizer/libs/eq/server/configUpdateSyncVisitor.h:115 439
> eq::server::Channel initialization failed: Window not running (0x403f)
> 5261 /src/Equalizer/libs/eq/server/configUpdateSyncVisitor.h:115 439
> eq::server::Window initialization failed: no error (0x0)
>
> I have no idea what was is wrong and I hope you can help me with these
> errors.

Your Window::configInit method does return false -- well, it doesn't return anything so it might return false or true, in your case apparently false.

Cheers,

Stefan.

Re: EqOgre

Hagen
Thanks for your quick response!

I added the missing return and the error is gone, however, it does not render anything... My program enters the framedraw method of the channel, but it does not draw.

Hope you can give me some thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Re: EqOgre

Hagen
Never mind. I found that the problem was with Ogre transformations.

I commented the following lines of my code and it is now working!

//    vmml::frustumf frust = getFrustum();
//    window->setFrustum(frust.compute_matrix());
//
//    Pipe*      pipe      = static_cast<Pipe*>( getPipe( ));
//
//    Ogre::Vector3 relVec ( pipe->getFrameData().mTranslateVector.x,
//                            pipe->getFrameData().mTranslateVector.y,
//                            pipe->getFrameData().mTranslateVector.z);
//
//    const Ogre::Radian tmpYaw(pipe->getFrameData().mRotX);
//    const Ogre::Radian tmpPitch(pipe->getFrameData().mRotY);
//
//    window->getCamera()->moveRelative(relVec);
//    window->getCamera()->yaw(tmpYaw);
//    window->getCamera()->pitch(tmpPitch);

EqOgre

Hagen
I found a problem when I tested my code on a 3 wall CAVE. When I launch the application, it appears that each wall of the cave runs its own version of the application.

As an example, I created a simple ogre application that shows a penguin, a ninja and a statue, so that the penguin is rendered on the central screen, the ninja on the left wall, and the statue on the right.

However, it appears that the left and right walls are launching the application again, displaying the penguin, ninja and statue. The central wall displays the penguin and it seems that it is sending the ninja and statue to the other walls.

I have no idea as to why that is happening. Hope anyone can give me some insight to this issue.

I am attaching the code. I run it in codeblocks in Fedora 17.
eqOgre.tgz

Thanks.

Re: EqOgre

Stefan Eilemann
Hi,

On 14. Mar 2013, at 3:00, Hagen [via Software] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found a problem when I tested my code on a 3 wall CAVE. When I launch the application, it appears that each wall of the cave runs its own version of the application.

I guess you're not taking into account the head transformation which rotate the frusta in place. In a CAVE all the projection matrices are the same (ignoring head tracking), and are positioned using the view matrix. I suspect Ogre drops the view transformation somewhere.

HTH,

Stefan.