Can Mono register EXE files on Windows

pquiring
Can Mono register with EXE files on Windows like the official .NET from MS?
So that when you double-click a .NET EXE file it launches with Mono.

Re: Can Mono register EXE files on Windows

Edward Ned Harvey (mono)
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:mono-list-
> [hidden email]] On Behalf Of pquiring
>
> Can Mono register with EXE files on Windows like the official .NET from MS?
> So that when you double-click a .NET EXE file it launches with Mono.

If you want *all* EXE files to run under mono instead of .NET, I am 100% certain your system will be completely broken.

No, even if there were a way to do this, it would certainly be a terrible idea.

If you want *just this one* EXE file to always run under mono, that would be pretty reasonable but windows doesn't have any facility that I know of to make it happen.  The closest that I know would be to create a shortcut which launches mono thefile.exe