Building eqHello with cmake

mbobadilla
This post was updated on .
Hi.

I installed equalizer 1.6.0 a few days ago for investigation purposes.

I've been trying to build the eq examples, eqHello using cmake and I'm getting the next message:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (eq_add_example):
Unknown CMake command "eq_add_example".

Then, the compilation ends in an error.

Do I need to install some cmake packages or there's any other solution to build this example using cmake (3.5)?

Thanks.

Re: Building eqHello with cmake

Stefan Eilemann
Hi,

On 28. Apr 2016, at 23:59, mbobadilla [via Software] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I installed equalizer 1.6.0 a few days ago for investigation purposes.
>
> I've been trying to build the eq examples, eqHello using cmake and I'm getting the next message:

We’ve not tested compiling the examples independently of the source for ages. It seems you’re configuring in eqHello, afair this was never working. Try configuring in the examples folder and then just building eqHello. If that won’t work, just compile the full Equalizer source tree.

Cheers,

Stefan.

Re: Building eqHello with cmake

mbobadilla
Thank you very much for you answer,  Mr. Eilemann.

I tried to build the entire examples folder, however, I'm still getting the same message.

So I have another question: How can I build my own OpenGL-based application (cpp) using cmake so I can run it using equalizer?

Thanks.

mbobadilla.

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 11:08 PM, mbobadilla [via Software] <[hidden email]> wrote:
So I have another question: How can I build my own OpenGL-based application (cpp) using cmake so I can run it using equalizer?

Simply strip out all the non-Equalizer dependencies and you should be ready to go. Furthermore there is also the .gitsubprojects and .gitexternals in Livre to bootstrap everything.

HTH,

Stefan.