About Virtual PC

satimis
Hi folks,

Virtual PC
========

If I understand following article correctly;
Mono Appliance for VirtualPC
http://andrew.jorgensenfamily.us/2009/07/mono-appliance-for-virtualpc/

that "Virtual PC" is a pre-installed package, a virtual box, including;

Suse Linux as host
VMWare as virtualizer
Mono running on it

Users can install guests immediately after its installation.

If I'm wrong please correct me.  TIA

B.R.
satimis

Re: About Virtual PC

Peter Hagen
Hi

no, Virtual PC is the 'vmware' from Microsoft: <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/>

Cheers

Peter

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 20:48 -0700, Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi folks,

Virtual PC
========

If I understand following article correctly;
Mono Appliance for VirtualPC
http://andrew.jorgensenfamily.us/2009/07/mono-appliance-for-virtualpc/

that "Virtual PC" is a pre-installed package, a virtual box, including;

Suse Linux as host
VMWare as virtualizer
Mono running on it

Users can install guests immediately after its installation.

If I'm wrong please correct me.  TIA

B.R.
satimis

Re: About Virtual PC

satimis
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your advice.

I mistakenly thought it is a version of Mono built-in on Suse.  Just installing it the user will have Mono available running on Suse Linux.

I have virtual machines here running both Sun Virtual Box and KVM/QEMU as virtualizer.  I install Mono on both Ubuntu and Debian running as guest/VM on the virtual machines.  If times allows I'll install Mono on Vista/Xp to test it.  They are also running as guest/VM on the virtual machines.

B.R.
Stephen L

http://andrew.jorgensenfamily.us/2009/07/mono-appliance-for-virtualpc/ that "Virtual PC" is a pre-installed package, a virtual box, including; Suse Linux as host VMWare as virtualizer Mono running on it Users can install guests immediately after its installation. If I'm wrong please correct me. TIA B.R. satimis _______________________________________________ Mono-list maillist - [hidden email] http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list